AURALEE Inc. and AURALEE Co., Ltd. have its head office at QCcube Minami-Aoyama Bldg. 1F, 6-3-2 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo and at TTS Minami-Aoyama Bldg. 7F, 6-12-1 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo respectively.
Chapter 1 General Provisions
- Article 1.1 (Definitions)
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This may include personal information, photographs, and statements of opinion as stipulated in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003).
- “The Company’s Platform” means, collectively, the brick-and-mortar stores, websites, and mobile applications of the Company, as well as EC mall sites where the Company operates stores.
- Article 1.2 (Scope of the Policy)
- This Policy applies to all Customers who use the Company’s Platform. The Customers will be deemed to have consented to the content of the Policy upon their use of the Company’s Platform.
- Article 1.3 (Changes to the Policy)
- The Company may revise the Policy without the consent of Customers by posting a notification to that effect on its website at least 7 days in advance. Therefore, please check it on a regular basis.
Chapter 2 The Information You Provide to the Company and How the Company Uses It
- Article 2.1 (Acquisition of Personal Data)
The Company will collect the following Personal Data to the extent necessary to operate the Company’s Platform.
- Information obtained when you purchase our goods or services: This may include your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, membership ID, password, name of workplace, department, title, occupation, repair and return history, purchase and payment information, and other information , and such information of a third party provided by you.
- Information obtained through your inquiries (via phone call, email, form, or any other medium): This may include your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, membership ID, password, name of workplace, department, title, occupation, repair and return history, purchase and payment information, and other information, and such information of a third party provided by you.
- Information provided when you apply for the Company’s promotional services: The Company will obtain your Personal Data when you apply for promotional services such as the Company’s email magazine or newsletter. In this case, the Company may obtain, in addition to the information provided in the preceding two items, your name, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number and other information. Once you enter your details in the required fields in the application, the Company will be able to provide you with the services of your choice.
- Information collected through the Company’s Platform: In addition to the information set forth in the preceding three items, certain types of data (hereinafter referred to as “Access Data” ) about you may be automatically collected when you access the Company’s website, social media platforms, or other third-party services. The types of data include access logs, web beacons (also called pixel ), cookies, and location information. This data may remain on your computer, smartphone, or other device and continue to collect relevant data.
- Article 2.2 (Use of Personal Data)
The Company will use your Personal Data for the purposes described in (1) to (10) below or to the extent necessary to achieve such purposes. The Company may provide services on the Company’s Platform that link with Personal Data recorded in relation to EC mall sites or SNS Service as provided in Article 1.2. By using these services, you are deemed to have already agreed to the usage through EC mall sites or SNS Service.
- To manage and process your purchase and repair orders (including shipping and return of products) or to provide warranty and other after-sales service
- To record and maintain all information related to your account (if you have several accounts on the Company’s Platform, all of these accounts) managed by the Company, including purchase history and point information
- To respond to your inquiries, complaints, and requests
- To send service-related information, including administrative messages such as announcements and order confirmations
- To identify products and services that may be of interest to you based on your purchase history and past interactions with the Company, as well as to provide information such as advertisements and campaign information and to send invitations to various events and sales, email magazines, newsletters, and questionnaires, etc.
- To distribute, on a legal basis, information such as public relations information relating to the Company or third parties (including email and social media sponsored updates) that the Company determines is of interest to you
- To conduct market research with the purpose of continuously improving the quality of the services the Company (including its contractors) provides you with
- To prepare statistical data for marketing activities, sales promotion, and product planning in the Company (including its contractors) (however, such data will be processed so that individuals cannot be identified.)
- To conduct credit checks with the purpose of preventing fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of initiatives to keep the Platform and services of the Company (including its contractors) safe
- To understand how the Company’s Platform is used, so that the Platform, services, and other products of the Company (including its contractors) will be improved continuously
- When a change in the purpose of use is necessary, we will notify you or publicize it.
- The Company may entrust all or part of the handling of Personal Data to external expert advisors or Internet or other IT-related service providers, as well as other contractors, to the extent necessary to achieve the intended use of purpose. These contractors include entities that provide services related to payment, credit card settlement, credit checks, and fraud prevention. While the Company will take necessary measures such as stipulating provisions related to confidentiality, etc., in relation to the selection of these contractors, as well as contracts with them, it will not assume any obligation or responsibility for operations by these contractors.
- Article 2.3 (Third Party Provision, Deposit and Joint Use of Acquired Personal Data)
The Company will not provide Personal Data obtained from you to third parties except in the following cases:
- When you agree to the provision
- When you violate the Company’s terms and conditions and there are sufficient grounds for the Company to determine that it has to disclose your Personal Data in order to protect the Company's rights, property, and services, etc.
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain the person’s consent
- When it is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- When permitted by laws and regulations
The Company will share your personal information.
- Personal information subject to joint use
- You name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, membership ID, password, name of workplace, department, title, occupation, repair and return history, purchase and payment information, and other information, and such information of a third party provided by you
- Scope of joint users
- AURALEE Inc. AURALEE Co., Ltd. BBF, Inc.
Purpose of use by joint users
- To manage and process your purchase and repair orders or to provide warranty and other after-sales service
- To record and maintain all information related to your account (if you have several accounts on the Company’s Platform, all of these accounts), including purchase history and point information
- To respond to your inquiries, complaints, and requests
- To identify products and services that may be of interest to you based on your purchase history and past activities, as well as to provide information such as advertisements and campaign information and to send invitations to various events, email magazines, newsletters, and questionnaires, etc.
- To distribute, on a legal basis, information such as public relations information (including email and social media sponsored updates) if it is determined that such information is of interest to you
- To conduct market research with the purpose of continuously improving the quality of the services provided to you
- To prepare statistical data for marketing activities, sales promotion and product planning (however, such data will be processed so that individuals cannot be identified.)
- To conduct credit checks with the purpose of preventing fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of efforts to keep the Platform and services safe
- To understand how the Platform is used, so that the Platform, services, and other products will be improved continuously
Business operators responsible for managing personal information to be shared
In the case of joint use by AURALEE Inc. AURALEE Co., Ltd.
AURALEE Co., Ltd.
In the case of joint use with BBF, Inc.
(The Company's official online store is managed and operated by BBF, Inc. Therefore, matters related to the Company’s online store will be handled under the responsibility of BBF, Inc.)
Personal Information Protection Manager, BBF, Inc.
Uchisaiwai-cho Tokyu Bldg. 7F, 1-3-2, Uchisaiwai-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011 Japan
- Article 2.4 (Personal Data Protection Period)
- The Company will retain Personal Data that the Company collects about you to the extent necessary for the purposes set forth in Article 2.2 of the Policy unless applicable law requires such Data to be retained for a longer period of time, and will dispose of it in a timely manner.
- Article 2.5 (International Transfer)
- Article 2.6 (Link)
Chapter 3 What Can Be Requested of the Company about Your Personal Data
- Article 3.1 (Disclosure, Correction and Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Data)
You have many legal rights to your Personal Data that the Company holds. These rights may vary depending on where you are located and the data protection laws applicable to the relationship between you and the Company. However, they usually include the following:
- The right to obtain information about the processing of your Personal Data and the right to access your Personal Data that the Company holds
- The right to require the Company to correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to require the Company to delete your Personal Data under certain circumstances (including, but not limited to, the following circumstances )
- When the Company no longer needs to retain your Personal Data in light of the purpose for which it was collected
- In the case where the Company has the right to process your Personal Data only with your consent, when you withdraw your consent
- In the case where you object to the Company’s processing of your Personal Data for the Company’s legitimate interests, when the Company's legitimate interests do not prevail over your own interests, rights, and freedoms
The right to require the Company to restrict its processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances (including, but not limited to, the following circumstances )
- When you challenge the accuracy of your Personal Data (only for the period the Company needs to confirm its accuracy )
- When the Company no longer needs to use Personal Data except for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims
- When you object to the Company’s processing of your Personal Data for the Company’s legitimate interests (but only for the period necessary to determine whether the Company’s legitimate interests prevail over your own interests, rights, and freedoms )
- The right to object to the Company about the Company’s processing of your Personal Data
- You can exercise your rights by contacting the Company using the Contact Point for Inquiries indicated in Article 3.2. In addition, if you have a member page linked to your account or other pages dedicated to you on the Company’s website, you can view, add data to, or correct your Personal Data by accessing them after authentication using your registered email address or password, etc.
- When exercising your right to disclosure, correction, deletion, etc., in accordance with this Article and the Personal Information Protection Act, please send a request form together with your identification documents (a copy of your driver's license, My Number Card, or passport) to the Contact Point for Inquires. In this case, you will be charged 1,000 yen as a handling fee.
- Article 3.2 (Contact Point for Inquiries)
- Article 4 (Matters concerning Safety Management Measures)
- The Company takes necessary and appropriate safety management measures by having a person responsible for the management of personal information, so that the use for any purposes other than intended ones, leakage, loss, or damage of personal information will be prevented. Specifically, the Company educates employees, and conducts organizational safety management as well as physical and technical management through locking and passwords. In addition, it supervises the employees and contractors who handle personal information (including subcontractors, etc.) in a necessary and appropriate manner.
- Article 5 (Cookies)
- [Contact for Questions and Complaints about the Handling of Personal Information]
General Questions and ComplaintsContact us from here
Business hours: Weekdays 10:00 - 17:00 *(closed on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, during Year-end and New Year Holidays, and during lunchtime)
Business operators and responsible persons handling personal information
Personal Information Manager: CEO Hirofumi Kobayashi
Established: 4th August 2022
Established: 3rd August 2022
The mail-order service (hereinafter referred to as "the Service") in the AURALEE ONLINE STORE (hereinafter referred to as "this Website") is managed, operated, and sold by BBF, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “we,” “us,” “our,” or “the Company”). In conducting business, including the operation of the Service, we consider it of utmost importance to comply with the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information and to ensure that we will properly collect, use, and manage such information within us so that users can use the Service with peace of mind.
- 1. About Personal Information
- 2. Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
- We will protect personal information appropriately and will not disclose nor provide it to a third party without consent in a state where personal identification is possible, except when permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations.
- We shall be able to properly use personal information for the purpose of use specified in Article 3 “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” below. In addition, only within the scope of fulfilling the purpose of use specified in Article 3 “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” below, we may entrust the personal information we have been provided to our outsourcing contractor in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, aiming to operate this Website and promote services to users. In this case, we will select an appropriate outsourcing contractor in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations and will manage and supervise the relevant contractor.
- 3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
■ Use related to the sale of services and products
We will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use and the purposes of use indicated at the time of acquisition if it is necessary for the performance of our business.
- Management of members and users registered for the purpose of identity verification, management, and notification of users
- For conducting the product packing and shipping business (including the packing and shipping business of the company outsourced by us)
- For notifying matters necessary for operation (including those by e-mail)
- For managing purchase and billing information related to the purchase and use of goods or services, for billing, or for return or exchange processing or refund processing
- For responding to various inquiries and after-sales services
- Disclosure based on laws and regulations, or exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations based on contracts
■ Use related to advertising and promotion
- For conducting advertising and sales promotion activities (including those by e-mail) related to product sales, special offers and other information, for planning campaigns, and for conducting questionnaires
- For issuing and sending e-mail newsletters related to product sales, special offers, and other information
■ Use for the development of services and measures
- For improving services, for conducting research and analysis of marketing data, and for developing new services
- 4. Outsourcing of Personal Information
- In providing the services of this Website to users, we may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information for the purposes described in the above Article 3 “Purpose of Use of Personal Information.” In that case, we will select a contractor who meets sufficient personal information protection standards and conclude a contract regarding personal information protection in advance.
- 5. Joint Use of Personal Information
- We will jointly use personal information as follows:
- Joint user: AURALEE Co., Ltd.
- Items to be jointly used: Same as the personal information specified in Article 1 “About Personal Information”
- Purpose of use: Same as the purpose specified in Article 3 “Purpose of Use of Personal Information”
- Management responsibility: Personal information protection manager at BBF, Inc.
Uchisaiwaicho Tokyu Building 7F, 1-3-2 Uchisaiwaicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100- 0011
- How to obtain personal information: Personal information to be jointly used shall be registered on this Website by the user.
- 6. Management of Personal Information
- We assign a personal information manager to the department responsible for managing personal information, implement appropriate management of personal information, and lead and promote our initiatives regarding personal information protection.
- 7. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Erasure of Personal Information
Based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, we confirm that the user has the right to request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, suspension of provision to a third party, and notification of the purpose of use of personal information. If there is such a request, we will respond promptly according to our personal information handling rules. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, we may not disclose all or part of the personal information, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify the user thereof without delay.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the user or a third party
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business
- When it leads to a violation of laws and regulations
- To implement procedures for complaints and consultations regarding personal information or disclosure of personal information, a document that can confirm the identity of the user or proxy is required.
- Please note that, for notification of the purpose of use or request for disclosure of personal information, the fee specified by the Company will be charged.
- 8. Personal Information Handling Operator
Uchisaiwaicho Tokyu Building 7F, 1-3-2 Uchisaiwaicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011
CEO: Jun Tamura
- 9. Matters Related to Security Management Measures
- We will implement the necessary and appropriate security management measures for the management of personal data, such as prevention of leakage, loss, or damage. In addition, we will provide necessary and appropriate supervision for employees and contractors (including subcontractors) who handle personal data.
- We implement and support security management measures for personal data as appropriate based on the formulation of personal information protection guidelines, organizational security management measures, personal security management measures, physical security management measures, technical security management measures, and various other guidelines.
- 10. Cookies
- The Website uses a technology called “Cookies.” Cookies are a mechanism in which specific information is temporarily stored as data on the user's communication device, and the user is identified based on the data each time a connection is made.
- 11. Providing information or linking to business partners
- We shall have no concern with the use of personal information independently collected on the websites linked from this Website, such as websites and services of our business partners and a third party and that can be accessed through this Website. Therefore, we shall not assume any obligation or responsibility for the independent regulations and activities of these companies or websites. Please check the terms and conditions of each website.
- Supplementary Provisions